Tuesday 13 August 2013

BarnGirl's Barn conversion - the builders' tenders are in!

My architect, Archie, has just called to say he's received the  'preliminary tender results' for the construction work on my barn conversion. He gave me the estimated cost of the build from each of 4 contractors. I remained calm while on the phone. I am incredulous; the lowest estimate is almost £200,000 more than my worst, best guess! 

Archie's going to email me the breakdown and recommendations for omissions to bring the price down to something remotely possible.

I am in shock! Perhaps I should go and live in a hut on a Caribbean Island and forget the whole thing. Hmm.

I'll be back with an update once I've seen the figures and been for a run to clear my mind.

Love from what now?
BarnGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment