Monday 21 October 2013

Day 16, 17 and 18 - Scaffolding going up

The weather has been miserable and delayed the scaffolders a day or so. 

Day 16 arrived and I could hear a distant clinking and clanking of metal on metal. It had to be the scaffolding. Over the next 3 days the scaffolding men surrounded the barn with poles and planks, and inserted ladder-like steel poles from the front to the centre of the building, to enable the Barn Boys to raise the barn off its foundations (to be replaced) and to balance the entire structure on the steel rods! Hmm.

The sun came out and so did the scaffolders



Front door





Recording Studio...somewhere




East side - I asked Boss Jon if I could keep the decking! His answer was the short one

East Elevation




South side

South side

Sunny South side

South side

Inspector Walt - 'All looks good to me'




Through the keyhole -  East to West
Inside - East to West side























Check out the horizontal steel ladders; they'll be supporting the barn in a few days


With the scaffolding up, the Barn Boys can now start removing the brickwork at the front and corners of the North elevation. They'll dig down approximately a metre to prepare the new foundations - concrete blocks beneath ground level and bricks above.

Until tomorrow and the Barn balancing act.....
Love

BarnGirl
xx

1 comment:

  1. Great to see the scaffold go up, I love the decking too - it reminds me of a well decked property in another land I know!

    I like the resident security - he might lick the intruders to death.

    ReplyDelete