Saturday 5 October 2013

Day 5 - and the rain came down!

So, where was your sun dance?!

Day 5 and torrential rain arrived to make the going tough on the west side.  Within hours of rainfall the ground was a quagmire.  Jon and I agreed it was time to order up another few tons of crushed concrete.

The Boys could then scrape away the soupy stuff with the 'Telehandler'*- digger, to you and me, until they reached the layers of relatively dry sandstone beneath. Crushed concrete could then be tipped and spread to allow deliveries to continue without lorries slip-sliding around.


Telehandler


Minestrone


The drains are in.....lots of them, with various twists and turns to suit the route they will follow. Some heading to the Klargester (sewage treatment plant), others will lead towards the rainwater harvester, when it arrives. Unfortunately, this item is on the list of omissions, or, as my VAT consultant says, 'postponed list'. I'll take that.

Pipe City
'We will exterminate'

Inside a manhole - who'd have thought



I thought I'd ordered a Klargester not a swimming pool


The inclement weather didn't stop The Boys from donning the day-glow waterproofs and spending most of the day in the trenches, up to their necks in mud, installing man-holes and laying drains.

Trenched Tim
Day-glow Matt





















'A pipe for you, Sir'



Boss Jon
Digger Ryan




I may not have a home yet, but it looks like I can make an on-site phone call! Check out my BT cabling. 























If you put your hand over the mound you can imagine my westward view



Room with a View - one day



























* Telehandler 'highlights', in case you were wondering:




"They are the best machines where lift and reach are combined."

"The spacious cab and suspension seat keeps you comfortable all day and the single lever joystick operates all boom functions for maximum productivity."

"Three steering modes offer improved maneuverability on any terrain."










Now, come on Accuweather, your 15 day forecast looked good. Bring back that 4 month's Summer sunshine. I need you!

Off to clean my mud-caked trainers.  Did I say cake?

Love
BarnGirl
xx











1 comment:

  1. Speaking of cakes, the whole site looks like a cake batter that's being shaped and moulded into something, that in the not to distant future will emerge from the oven into something nice!

    ReplyDelete